A site to access updated information about the best deal on the Web.
It has been reported and verified that there is a problem with DSPAM. Sending an email back as either spam or clean is not working. I can't find anything wrong - it just doesn't work.
The problem with TMDA has been found. We are using a newer version because of the OS upgrade. It requires a additional configuration item that the older versions didn't in order to deliver email. TMDA is now working as best as I can tell. I am not seeing any issues with DSPAM at this time.
You can ignore this now, see the entry above.
Another bug has been found. If you are using TMDA, either turn it off or remove everything from you whitelist. Mail is delivered to pending properly, but is not delivered to your mailbox. We are working to figure out why this is occurring.
One of the side effects of the system upgrade was that one of the authentication files became altered such that only a very few users could authenticate with web functions. Interestingly enough, the ones I used for testing worked. Anyway, that has been corrected. You should be able to access User Services functions now. There was an issue with some of the spam blocking files not being up to date. I believe that has been corrected. However, if you changed spam blocking settings in the last week, you should go to User services and make sure they are still correct.
I believe the mail functions are now up and running. Please note that since this is a very small server, it is going to be quite slow. User Services is not available yet. It still requires some checkout.
After replacing the disks, NIC, Memory, and power supply, the server is still unable to run without crashing. As a result we are bringing up a replacement system. Unfortunately, at this time it is a bit light on memory so it may tend to run slower than we would like. I am in the process of recovering the mailboxes at the moment. That may take another hour or so. There will need to be some more checks after that completes, but we should be turning the server back on sometime in the very early morning.
There will need to be another outage tomorrow or Friday to add more memory and to physically mount the server in place of the old server. That should only take about an hour at most. There may be some missing renewal notices because some of them were not generated at midnight last night. The server was down at that time. There is likely to be a bunch of email queued up waiting to be delivered to us. We won't be able to catch up real fast.
At this time the disk failures are occurring too frequently. We have only been able to keep the server up for about 10 minutes between crashes. As a result, a number of files become corrupt each crash. To avoid losing any more files, we will probably keep the server down until the new drives arrive.
For the couple of users who didn't know (haven't figured out), User Services is hosted on the same server as the incoming mail. As a result it is also down.
Now we have discovered a disk drive that is having issues. I am sending replacement drives this morning which should arrive on Wed sometime. Depending on availability of personnel on site, we might be able to start the swap Wed afternoon or otherwise Thurs afternoon. The mail system will need to be down for some time to copy the existing mail files to another system and then bring them back after the new drives are installed. I don't anticipate any issues withe the AT&T router as none of the MACs are being changed. There will be further announcements when we know the schedule.
We now have the router reconfigured and working. You can now download mail (at least while the server is up). We don't know yet if the replacement NIC will resolve the original issue. We have gone as long as 6 hours between crashes so if the problem is resolved we won't know till later tomorrow.
There have been two reported file corruption issues from all the crashes. One has been corrected. The other one is a lot more complicated and I don't want to try and restore what we have for it till after we know the problem is resolved.
We have identified a failed NIC that is certainly cause some of the problem. That has been replaced, but now we are not able to get the AT&T UVerse modem to pass the IP through to the server. We have this problem anytime anything changes on our network. It will take awhile to work it out. We still don't know if the NIC was the cause of the crashes. Only time will tell on that.
In the mean time, however, you can access your email through Remote Mail. The local connections between the servers do work. Unfortunately, no new email is being received since none of the mail servers can get through to our server yet.